October 20, 2012

paranormal ramblings + Evan Peters' butt


beanie from Target, shirt by Unif, flannel + jeans from Urban Outfitters

Thursday night I went to see Paranormal Activity 4. I have gone to every movie's first showing (except for the first one because it didn't start playing in my city until after it's original release date no judging). It's probably my favorite horror movie franchise and I'm not even sorry about it. I have a thing for ghosts and demons and stuff ok? Also the fact they throw a really funny (jewish?) boy in every movie that I fall in love with. My only complaint is that the 4th movie just wasn't scary enough. I do like how they tied everything in though. If you're a fan of the series then I suggest you go see it but you're not really missing anything that hasn't already been done. Although I'm kind of glad I took the Kinect out of my room last week.


But while we're on the subject of series' I love, let's talk about American Horror Story: Asylum that premiered on Wednesday. Like many AHS fans out there I have been skeptical since the day Ryan Murphy announced that every season would be a new story, new cast, new location, ect. but this season is just...there are no words. It's so perfect. I fell in love within the first 15 seconds and as soon as the credits began and the theme song played I felt complete again. I feel like this pilot is (dare I say it) even better than the first season. They stepped up their game for definitely. I screamed and giggled and sobbed (not really but I could have if I really wanted to from happiness overload). Also I guess there was that part when we saw... EVAN. PETERS'. BUTT.  And can I just take a moment to express that I am beyond ecstatic they're doing an alien storyline. It's like first let's make Evan a ghost AND THEN let's give him an alien storyline because you know those are some of Ashlee's most favorite things. Thanks Ry Murph <3 Anyway I'm really looking forward to this season. My brain is already filled with predictions.

I'm trying to use up the rest of my disposable camera to get the Disneyland pictures back so I can make a Disneyland Halloween time post before Halloween, but no promises! I'm hopefully taking a trip to the pumpkin patch this week and if that's the case I'll have some photo opps. I've also been working on a Halloween costume how-to/inspiration post so expect that this week! Speaking of costumes I need to figure out my own costume situation. I can't believe there are only 12 days until Halloween and only 12 days until October is over [sobbing].

No comments:

Post a Comment